As I sit and write this, I’m a 29 year old former credit union marketer and former homeowner that said enough of corporate life, I need to travel. So this is what I’m calling my first retirement. For full details on this decision read my first blog post!
I got the travel bug early on in life. I spent a year in Sweden as an exchange student in high school and have been traveling (solo and with friends) ever since! One of my favorite things to do is to belly-up to a bar in a new area when I’m traveling alone to eat lunch or dinner and strike up a conversation with a complete stranger. You learn so much!
Some of my hobbies (in no particular order):
- Traveling (well, duh)
- Motorcycling (I ride a Yamaha V-Star 650)
- Snowboarding (I ride a Burton Feather)
- Golfing (Ping Karstons with a few TaylorMade Burners are where it’s at)
- Scuba Diving (not certified yet, but hopefully will be soon!)
- Fishing (this is a new hobby for me)
- Skydiving (I’ve done it tandem 3 times with Skydive New England, not really a hobby but something I think everyone should do!)
- Sushi (also not a hobby, but I could eat sushi all day every day)
As for the AmyWhere But Here…I was at the beach with a friend and wanting to update my LinkedIn profile with a new role as traveler and LinkedIn requires a company name. He said AmyWhere But Here and that was it. I bought the domain that day at the beach. Thanks James!